Friday, April 21, 2023

I have only recently discovered the beautiful Art Impressions line of stamps and dies. They are so cool because they enable you to create little watercolour artworks without having to be an artist. All you need are just a few stamps and some Tombows. 

Bonnie has a tonne of inspiration and instruction on the AI YouTube Channel, she makes it look so easy but I really didn't think I was going to be able to do a good job for my first attempt so I just used some scrap watercolour paper to start out with.

I have created a short video with some photos to follow.



Much to my surprise my first attempt didn't turn out too bad! Far from perfect of course but I was surprised how easy it really was to colour.


I did stamp the barn crooked and was a little heavy handed with the water. So I decided to have another go using a stamp positioner this time.



This is my second attempt. Same stamp but it looks so different. 


My plan is to make a mini Bible Art Journal that contains some of my favourite verses. I will paint the pages first and bind them later.
There is a challenge over on the Art Impressions Blog that fits the theme of my little painting so I thought I would join in just for fun and to be part of the AI community.


I still have a lot of practice to complete but it's a start and sometimes that is the hardest part. 
Just making a start.

The stamps I used are all by Art Impressions:

4807 - Old Barn Mini Set
4051 - Foliage Set
4867 - Foliage Set 2

Tombow Markers: 565, 969, 177, 249, N60, Twintone Chocolate.

White Gel Pen for the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Impressions - As the Deer

 I am still learning how to paint water and still have a long way to go. I really need to work on shadows and reflections! The stamp sets ar...